Have you been thinking of getting a pet dog? Do you wonder if a small breed dog is the best choice for you? What are some important things that you need to know about small breed dogs before getting one?
Dogs of all sizes can provide you with plenty of love, companionship, and loyalty. But if you are leaning more towards a smaller breed, you should learn as much as you can about the different small breeds available, what it is like to care for them, and how to find the best match for you so that you can spend many fun and enjoyable moments together for a long time.
What are examples of small dog breeds?
Did you know that there are almost a hundred types of small dog breeds? And even though they differ in their fur colors, snout lengths and shapes, builds, and temperaments, they are all cute and lovable. Below are some popular small dog breeds today:
- Shih tzu – This breed is known for being outgoing yet affectionate. They are perfect for first-time dog owners as they have a friendly disposition towards their family, kids, other dogs, and strangers.
- Maltipoo – This breed is a cross between a Maltese and a Poodle. They have a loving and gentle personality so they are an excellent choice for a family dog.
- Bichon frise – This breed is playful yet gentle so they are great around kids and other pets. They usually have white puffy coats that require regular bathing, trimming, and grooming.
- Boston terrier – This breed has a square head, short muzzle, and large, round eyes, and compact body. They are quite energetic, playful, and willing to meet strangers.
- Pomeranian – This breed is considered a “toy” dog. They grow to a height of about 8 to 11 inches and weigh 1 to 3 kilos. They have high energy and are considered ‘barky’.
What are the benefits of small breed dogs?
There are many good reasons why you should get a small breed dog.
- They are much easier to carry and transport.
- They do not take up as much space at home or in the car.
- They have less fur to clean, wash, and groom.
- Small breed dogs are allowed in more apartments, condos, and other residential properties with size limits on pets.
Where can you find small breed dogs in Dallas?
To find the perfect small dog for you in Dallas, you can start your search by using the internet. For example, if you are interested in getting a Shih tzu or Maltipoo, you can look up “shih tzu puppies for sale in Dallas” or “maltipoo puppies for sale in Dallas.” Your query of “shih tzu puppies for sale in Dallas” or “maltipoo puppies for sale in Dallas” should provide you with listings of places where you can get your preferred small breed. Give them a call or drop by their business to make your dream of becoming a dog parent a reality.